Through our initial assessment and discussions with
the business teams, we identified three major focus
areas- effective customer engagement, improved field
team productivity, and optimization of the collection
process. After a detailed analysis, we converted these
focus areas into two specific problem statements:
1. Representation Process Optimization
2. Effective Customer Engagement
Representation Process Optimization
- The existing representation process
- Was spread over 14 days, impacting the productivity of the collection team.
- Needed a lot of manual data consolidation with the involvement of multiple teams
- Automated filtration of cases was missing, which led to low realization rates and high cost of representation.
- Solution designed
- Developed Machine Learning (ML) backed predictive models for more filtered representation.
- 70% of 10% dishonored payments were filtered out based on the above model and directly forwarded to the next step, saving time and representation cost. This also reduced the idle time of the field collection team and increased their productivity to almost double.
Effective Customer Engagement
- Existing process
- The customer database had inconsistent and incorrect details limiting contact with them. The defaulters who could have been engaged with and reached out to before the EMI due dates.
- SMS campaigns did not impact the outcome because of carpet bombing marketing approach and incorrect data.
- Solution designed
- Developed a communication strategy backed by Predictive Behavior Models to intervene before the due date. This avoided the unintended defaults in payments and controlled future delinquencies.
- Mapped communication channels (voice blast, tele-calling and SMS) basis the customer profile. This led to a reduction in the burden on the field collection team since a number of clients responded to the first round of communication itself.
- Implemented database improvement initiatives.
- Identified patterns of response by customers to multiple mode and tone of communication. This impacted customer behavior positively and brought down unintended defaults